Fall Protection for Rig Work
Click here to find an Authorized Training Provider near you or register in one of the Energy Safety Canada locations on this page.
The primary focus of this course is using fall protection equipment safely at height and includes hands-on training. This course was developed in conjunction with the Canadian Association of Oilwell Drilling Contractors (CAODC).
Workers and other personnel involved in drilling and service rigs.
- Basic concepts and elements of fall protection
- Equipment inspection and care
- Body support devices - harness
- Connecting components and devices
- Double-leg lanyards and work positioning
- Cable ladder climbing systems
- Vertical rope lifelines (VRLs)
- Horizontal lifelines (HLLs)
- Self-retracting lifelines (SRLs)
- Hands-on training that includes:
Climbing to height using fall protection equipment
Work positioning, anchorage connection
Transfer between fall protection systems
Upon successful completion of the prescribed practical skills and written exam, you will receive an industry standard Certificate of Completion, that does not expire.
Note: This course is a prerequisite for Fall Rescue for Rig Work.
- Approved hard hat with chin strap
- CSA Approved safety glasses
- CSA Approved safety toe footwear
- Seasonal leather/cold weather gloves
- Full length pants (no shorts)