Detection and Control of Flammable Substances
Click here to find an Authorized Training Provider near you or register in one of the Energy Safety Canada locations on this page.
Gain an understanding on how to safely monitor, assess hazards and control flammable substances through lectures, demonstrations and hands-on practice.
Personnel who may need to undertake monitoring of potentially hazardous atmospheres in the workplace while working in the oil and gas industry.
- Introduction to flammable substances
- Principles of flammable gas/vapour
- Care and preparation of combustible gas monitors
- Sampling strategies and interpretation of monitor readings
- Control methods for high combustible gas readings
Upon successful completion of the prescribed practical skills and the written examination, you will receive a Certificate of Completion that is valid for three years.